I make all kinds of crazy complicated amazing desserts- so why is it that when I spend little to no time on something that I threw together at the last minute people declare them, “the best dessert ever.”
Seriously Santa, these little things involve exactly two ingredients (peppermint kisses and pretzels), no prep time, and all of 3 minutes in the oven.
I guess I can’t complain really, as I’m currently sitting here eating the last few myself. Oh, the recipe? Well, there isn’t one really…but I’ll give it to you anyways. People will think you are fancy- melted chocolate gets them every time.
p.s.. I’ve been good this year, in case you were wondering
*1 bag of peppermint Hershey Kisses
*1 bag of square pretzels
*Aluminum foil or parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Line the cookie sheet with foil or parchment
3. Place square pretzels down on cookie sheet, spaced evenly, until the sheet is covered
4. Unwrap hershey kiss and place one on top of each pretzel square
5. Put in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until kiss is soft
6. Remove from oven and place the other pretzel half on top of the kiss and lightly press down
7. Let cool and harden completely on the cookie sheet
*You can do this with plain Hershey Kisses or caramel Rolo’s, yum!
*If you need them to harden quicker, pop them outside in the cool air or refrigerate. I put the cookie sheet on our patio for 15 minutes and that did the trick.